Saturday, February 13, 2010

February Times


IMG_2497


This week I have my student Daniel over a few times to work on a painting to enter in the Annual SPA Visual Art contest that he won last year. He is an amazingly gifted child and I feel so privileged to be a part in nurturing his talent. He drew this entirely free hand and spent countless hours painting. The theme of the contest was “Illuminate your Dreams; Beyond Your Own Cityscape” Shelby was watching in this pic. June really liked flirting with Danny who she calls “Deedee”


IMG_2510 dreaming awake IMG_copy2356


June has been a busy girl! We got her a training potty and this is how I found it one morning. June ripped up the cushioned seat, stuffed a piece in her baby’s mouth, and stuffed the baby in the hole. Maybe she wanted me to think the baby doll ruined the seat.


Yesterday I found her in the kitchen, eating out of the trash can.


IMG_2567


Then she took three spoons out of the dishwasher, lined them up in her baby buggie and pushed them around saying “two tee” which means one-two-three. I couldn’t be mad at her after I heard her counting! Thanks Sesame Street! She even said “tee poon” which translates from Juney vernacular to english: “three spoons”



IMG_2577


Shelby Grace is a happy little 6weeker. She has started to smile at you and coo. She gets a little fussy in the evenings, but the doctor said it was reflux and gave us some medicine. She is up to 10 1/2 lb now



IMG_2644 copy IMG_2583 copy


She is very strong and can easily hold her head up. She likes to be a part of the action, and her little eyes follow June around wherever she goes!


IMG_2629 copy


At night she will quickly go from cute happy little Shel-fish….to…..


punkin


Cry baby mad screamy girl in seconds. She constantly wants mommy to hold her and is perfectly happy in my arms till the moment I put her down, and the screaming starts again. I think she’s gonna be a mama’s girl for sure!


IMG_2549 copy


Her little mad face sniffy cry is actually really cute, though. I have to laugh sometimes at the funny little expressions ths girl has!


I am really feeling sad that I am going to have to leave the girls soon, but at the same time it is a blassing that my mom is going to take care of the girls till summer and the fact that I really love my job, I am very blessed!!!


mad

1 comment:

Barrow Family said...

I love those pictures of my nieces. they are so precious! I am AMAZED at how strong Shelbs is. That is just how Claireb was... LOOK OUT, if you have a mini Claireb on your hands!!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO