Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Crazy Few Weeks

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of changes. Last Tuesday I went to the doctor because I have been having lots of contractions. My doctor told me that I needed to get off my feet, and remain on bedrest due to preterm labor. I was in danger of having the baby early if I didn't get some rest. Since I am stilll only 33 weeks, the baby is just not ready, and could have so many problems if born now. That was quite a blow, and what came next made me feel so depressed. The Human Resources department told me that I had 12 weeks of medical leave total, so my maternity leave has essentially started now. If the baby arrives on time I will only have 5-6 weeks with her until I HAVE to return to work or my job becomes a vacancy. I had originally planned to spend 12 weeks with the baby so it just seems so early to go back. I have been on bedrest for a week now and have been overwhelmingly blessed by the love and support of friends and family. My mom and mother-in-law are the sweetest people in the whole world!!
I miss June soooooooo much because since I cannot lift her, she has to go to the babysitter while I am at home in bed all day. I feel so bad that I can't be here for her and play with her, and she doesn't get home till 5 or 6 at night and leaves at 6 the next morning. Here she is at her 15 month appointment(a little late since she will be 16 months tommorrow). She knows the doctor's office now and cried the whole time the doctor was in there. She had three shots which were not fun either. She is 20th percentile in weight and 75th percentile in height. She only weighs 20 lb and has only gained 7 oz since her 12 month appointment!
My mom was able to go with me and keep her entertained!


She can say Mommy (not very often though) Daddy (AALLLL the time), meow, moooo,woofwoof, Buddy, nigh-nigh(night night), two, three,(but not one),ball,and her new FAVORITE word is NOOOOO



My parents are so sweet and helpful. Every Friday I take June over there and they watch her. I LOVE Fridays! My mom is also going to help me on Wednesdays while I'm on bedrest!


Junie really loves her Nana and her Grammy! Whenever either one of them leaves my house June freaks out and tries to keep them there by gripping on to their pants and having an emotional break down. Trust me, I feel like doing the same thing sometimes, but I express it a little differently! They spoul me soooo much and I cannot thank God more for my wonderful mommy and Charlotte! They came over last week and helped clean and organize for our big garage sale. We got rid of sooooooooo much stuff to begin the process of making a room for baby girl!


Charlotte is so patient with all the kids. She entertained all the babies while everyone set up all our junk outside on tables Friday night for the garage sale the next morning (while I laid my pathetic self on the couch) Yesterday Charlotte came over to watch June so I got to spend the whole day with them! We were going to Sara's house so I could veg on a different couch for awhile and watch all the babies play together, and Charlotte surprised me on the way there with a surprise pedicure!!! It was so special and made me feel so loved and cared for! I thank Jesus for my family who loves me, my sweet husband who has had to take on soooooo many things now and basicly does everything since I am helpless, my baby who has to miss her mommy,my mother-in-law who loves and spoils me, my sis-in-laws who always check on me and sara who drives me to all my doctors appointments, and everyone else in my family and my sweet friends! Thank you sooooo much from the bottom of my contracting heart!!!








No comments: