Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter


friends2


This weekend we went to Galveston to celebrate Easter. What a wonderful gift that the Lord gave us; His son Jesus, and the life we have because of His sacrifice!! Now we have victory over death and if we believe in Him, we will also be resurrected to eternal life in His forever perfect home in heaven one day!


Thank you my loving Savior, for this amazing gift you gave!!! May your Holy Spirit ignite my heart in forever praise and thankfulness for the blessings you have given me!! I cannot fathom the greatness of your plan as I see it unfold before my eyes each year as my family grows. My heart is so overwhelmed with your love, I feel like I have learned a whole new level of love after Jimmy, June, and Shelby have entered the pages of your grand plan for my life. I look at the sacrifice of your Son differently this year as a mother, and knowing that your love for us is infinitely greater than the love I have for my own children, I am humbled.


1How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! 1 John 3:1



easter


Saturday the kids went to an egg hunt at Sea Isle. June had to open each egg and inspect the contents before putting it in her basket. She would throw the empty egg on the ground and put the candy and stickers in the basket.


IMG_5751 friends3





IMG_5769 copy


When we got back, we decorated these easter bunnies that I made for the kids. They added tails, button eyes, bows, noses, sparkles, pompoms, and beads! The girls loved their creations!!


IMG_5776



clireb IMG_5783 IMG_5784




IMG_5795 IMG_5794


I love my sweet niece and nephew! They play so well together and it makes me look forward to the day when June and Shelby can play!


brosis


The kids LOVE playing outside on the deck!


claire



Sophie was peeking at the men below mowing and planting flower beds


soph


Grammy gave all the grandkids a bucket full of goodies! Here is June looking at all the loot “WoooooWW!” she says over and over


IMG_5803


Give sissy a kiss


IMG_5812 princess







I had to get this shot of all the girls in the matching dresses that Grammy got them. It was just precious!


cousingirls IMG_5832


Here is Shelby with her beautiful cousin Emily!



IMG_5837


And the Easter spread….fried chicken, gravy, ham,fruit and cheese,macaroni (Luby’s recipe) ,yams, corn casserole, green beans, and rolls complete with little pats of butter shaped like bunnies on a parsley leaf for grass! And below, Marjorie’s famous popcorn bunny! There was also lemon meringue pie, cherry pie, pecan pie, chocolate chip cookies, coconut cookies,and little chow mien noodle bird nests with little chocolate bird eggs inside!!


IMG_5833 IMG_5835 IMG_5851 copy mommysgirl


Twins!!


sophie


Sweet Sophie!


auntmarjorie



IMG_5913 copy


I was holding my camera and June walked up to me smiling and saying cheeeeese! I guess I take alot of pictures!


basket


Little baby, big ol’ monogrammed Easter basket from Nana…this shot was just inevitable!! How could I resist!!


IMG_5896


June enjoyed reading her newspaper in the morning with breakfast. When Grammy or Nana is around, I can pretty much plan on my babies being stuck to them like glue. Nana and grandpa were in Austin with my brother this year and we really missed them. Happy Easter Nana and Grandpa!


IMG_5904

No comments: