Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy First Birthday Shelby

 

Dear Shelby, yesterday was the one year anniversary of your birth! I cannot believe you are only one sometimes because it feels like you have been in my life forever. It also feels like it was just the other day that I brought my tiny girl home from the hospital! You are remarkably precious, insanely sweet, and infectiously joyful. You are like a tiny angel that flew down from heaven straight into my arms, into my care, on loan to me and your daddy from your father creator God above! You shine, my sweet Shelby Grace!

shelbysdaddy 

What a wonderful Christmas present you were!!

IMG_8593

My love for you is beyond words, Shelby, you are closer than my breath, always on my mind, and since you came into my world, I know joy greater than I could have ever imagined!

IMG_8701 

You smiled from day one! I think you were still seeing angels as you slept.

smilesalot

You are one year old now! What an awesome year it has been with you!

birthdaygirl edit5 

Lisbeth made you this beautiful cake that you LOVED!

edit10

You had so much fun playing with your cousins!

edit11 edit12

Your sister, Junie, ate lots of cookies, fudge, and cake, and this was the result…don’t blink or you’ll miss her!!

IMG_2822

She especially liked Tyler!

edit4

Your friend Ellie played with you outside,

 edit15 

…and showed off her new teeth! WOW

edit14 

You love your Nannie so much,

edit7 

Grandpa  too! Grammy and Pa were there too and Aunt Sara and Celine and Uncle Joe and Chris, but mommy was too busy to get photos of everyone. I was making sure you were happy, fed, and safe…

edit8

Daddy loves his little princess Shelby!!

edit9

HAppy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Shelby, Happy Birthday to you my sweet Shelby!!

edit16 edit17 edit18 edit19 edit20 puff

After pizza and cake, you opened presents and then Nannie brought this dress that mommie wore on her first birthday! You looked so pretty in mommies dress!

edit21 edit1 edit2 

Happy Birthday to my sweet Shelby, and thank you to all of my family for coming over and sharing this special day with us!!

lilbirthdaygirl_edited-1

No comments: